$2,000 Tow-Away Sign On Bonus!
Horizon Transport is offering a $2000 Sign-On bonus for re-hired or newly hired Tow-Away drivers who meet the following conditions:
- The applicant has not worked for Horizon Transport, or had an active driver file at Horizon Transport, within the prior 12 months.
- 33,000 safe delivery miles are completed during the first Spring Season following (re)hire date, i.e. January 1 to May 30, if the (re)hire date falls outside January 1 and May 30.
- 33,000 safe delivery miles are completed prior to the applicant's six month anniversary date, if the (re)hire date falls between January 1 and May 30.
- The Horizon Transport Tow-Away Sign-On Bonus is earned at the time the 33,000th safe delivery mile is completed, as outlined above. The bonus is offered as an all-or-nothing incentive. It is either earned or not earned by the applicant's sixth month after leasing-on, or during the first Spring Season following the (re)hire date. If safe delivery miles less than 33,000 are achieved, the bonus is not paid pro-rata. It is simply forgone. Once 33,000 safety miles are achieved, as described for bonus eligibility, the bonus will be paid within one week.
* Horizon Transport recognizes all documented safety miles achieved while working for another RV Transporter. Horizon Transport will credit all newly hired contractors with safety miles achieved from a "like carrier" upon the completion of Horizon Transport's orientation. However, the 33,000 safety miles required for the Sign-On Bonus must be Horizon-dispatched miles, run within the first six (6) months after completing Horizon Transport's Independent Contractor Owner/Operator driver orientation.
2013 Spring Activity Bonus!
Horizon Transport is paying a $.05/mile outbound bonus to those contractors that commit to completing 5 outbound deliveries OR
5000 outbound miles, from any of the Indiana terminals, in each of the months:
Based on your commitment, bonus money is paid to you as part of the normal advance and settlement on every outbound dispatch - no waiting!
Please consider making this important and profitable commitment!
Horizon Transport Offers Opportunities to Increase Your Earnings!
Horizon drivers know that making money in transportation requires an approach that is skillful and efficient. There are a multitude of factors that limit and even work against the earnings potential of the Independent Contractor driver. Horizon Transport offers our drivers a variety of ways to routinely add cold, hard, cash money to the bottom line. Some examples include:
Horizon's Five-Star Safety Performance Bonus
This bonus is paid once a month for all dispatched miles successfully completed during the prior calendar month. The current bonus is $0.03 per loaded mile for all loaded miles.
5000 miles would pay an extra $150
Horizon Transport pays thousands of dollars per month to its active drivers who refer qualified contractors. This bonus is paid once a month for all dispatched miles successfully completed by all referred drivers during the prior calendar month. The current bonus rate paid is $.005 per mile for all dispatched miles. 5000 miles would pay the referring driver an extra $25! In addition, Horizon pays our active drivers $200 for every referred Tow-Away contractor who earns the $2000 sign-on bonus during 2013!
Both our Tow-Away and Drive-Away divisions enjoy support from active Horizon Transport drivers who spend time working with the shuttle crew during busy periods. Simply inquire with dispatch when you're in town. Make a few extra dollars or a few hundred!
Service to Multiple Divisions
Horizon encourages all drivers to consider the advantages of working in more than one division. Some of the most advanced contractors own multiple power units and are also familiar with the Drive-Away component of our business. Down-time for these experienced individuals is very, very rare. Some have evolved their skills to a degree which affords multiple revenue options at any point in time. One version of this model involves providing return trips to Horizon's drive-away drivers who are delivering to "No-Tow"clients like United Parcel Service. Horizon dispatchers work closely with drivers to coordinate deliveries, making this possible.
Small Fleet Support
Horizon Transport has developed systems to accommodate individuals who desire to lease more than one truck at a time. Some of Horizon's most experienced owner-operators, those intimately familiar with the challenges of profitably owning and operating vehicles commercially, contract with or employ others to drive their vehicles within Horizon's dispatch system. Due to many requests from existing contractors, Horizon has made this type of small fleet lease available to our proven truck owners.
Sometimes Horizon drivers find their own re-loads! This is possible for certain types of cash or credit-worthy customers. Horizon pays its contractors at a higher rate for orders obtained outside the corporate sales process. This is truly a win-win situation for all involved and Horizon encourages our drivers to seek these opportunities.
What are the steps to leasing on to Horizon?
- Read about both driving divisions thoroughly and select which division you would like to drive for.
- Download and print the application packet provided on this site. Make sure you complete the application thoroughly. The application packet is the key to getting started. Make sure you complete your references thoroughly.
- Mail in your completed application packet.
(2 day express from the post office is an excellent way to send it in at a low cost)
- Recruiting will receive your packet and then they will need 3 working days to approve it.
- You will be notified of the approval by phone and denial by mail
- Once approved, you will be asked to schedule an orientation date.
Orientation is a 3 day class (schedule a class time via this web site)